Leading telecommunication network equipment manufacturer employing ~90,000 people worldwide.
Learning the Rust programming language to the level allowing understanding the core language concepts and idioms, working with its libraries documentations, and being able to use it in projects. Understanding where the Rust programming language has its strongest sides, and what benefits it brings.
What we did
- Held discussions with a key decision-maker on the client’s side to determine exactly what the client needed and expected from the workshop
- Conducted original 2-day workshops attended by employees from the Rust department.
Benefits for the client
Trainees understand how Rust differs from C++ and have basic knowledge about the language:
- “everything is an expression”
- all control structures including pattern matching Ø type system
- emphasizing Traits’ role in it
- ownership model
- enums as algebraic types
- standard library design – error handling methods, iterators