Big Data Developer
The challenges waiting for you:
- You will be part of a team of developers, IT analysts and testers.
- You will be part of an ambitious and high performing unit, who enjoy making results.
- You will work in an agile team setup, highly international environment with ambitious people, who are determined to reach our common goal to meet the unique needs of our customers.
- We are building a new customer account reporting engine to (over the coming years) replace our existing legacy customer account reporting solutions across our home markets. A pre-requisite is that we consolidate all account and payment transaction data in the bank to Hadoop, so we have dozens of data formats and integration points both upstream and downstream.
- Deep understanding of the principles of distributed systems
- Commercial experience with distributed systems and Hadoop stack (few months at least)
- Knowledge and experience with: Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Scala, Hive, Oozie, Pig, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase or similar
- Experience with building ETL/ETL pipelines
- Production experience with performance tuning of Hadoop/Spark solutions
- Familiar with OOD and design patterns
- Experience from large-scale system integration projects
- Working with RDBMS and knowledge of SQL
- Integration towards RESTful and SOAP/OSB-services
- Knowledge and experience with web servers such as Tomcat, Jetty or Weblogic
- Knowledge and experience with tools like Maven, Git, and the Atlassian suite (Stash/Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Hands on experience with Redhat, Linux shell scripting
- Experience of working with agile methodology will be highly valued
- Prestigious and stable employer awarded with Great Place to Work title four times and achieving 30% revenue growth annually
- Unique projects carried out for more than 200 international leaders from industries such as automotive, aviation, hi-tech, finance
- Cooperation with experts – 12 Competency Centers running projects based on world-class solutions: IBM, Microsoft, SAS, Xamarin, Oracle, or Red Hat
- Internal app Job Changer, allowing you to change your project easily, explore new technologies, or relocate to another Sii branch
- Constant development facilitated by technical trainings, language courses (including Polish lessons for foreigners), and technology conferences (you can join them as a listener or an expert)
- A programme supporting the best employees – Top Gun
- Financial support of your passions and charity initiatives (SiiPower Volunteers)
- Countless integration meetings (Beer Fridays, picnic, integration weekend, Santa Claus party).