Sii Lodz already has over 500 specialists and has been present on the local market for 10 years. Only in the last year, the team has grown by 100 new employees and it is not going to stop there. The branch is still developing dynamically, which is confirmed by over 150 active job advertisements. We are looking for profiles not only related to the IT area. Accounting, marketing, and administration departments are also constantly being expanded.
– 10 years of the company’s existence is a huge success. Congratulations to the founders and employees. Hard work, motivation, willingness to improve, perseverance, diligence, and good organization – this is what influences a company’s success and you are an excellent example of it. You are a fantastic partner when it comes to activities connected with corporate responsibility and you definitely are a role model for other companies – says Adam Pustelnik, Vice President of the City of Lodz.
Sii has been present on the Lodz market for 10 years. The branch has been consistently developing and has ambitious plans for the following years.
– In 2012 we declared employment on the level of 80 people. Today, there are more than 500 of us and we hope that in 2022 another 100 specialists will join us. We received the Great Place to Work title 7 years in a row. According to the survey, as many as 93% of Lodz employees considered Sii an excellent workplace. This drives us to act – says Maciej Topczewski, Sii Lodz Regional Director.
Sii Lodz implements projects for international brands such as PUMA, Ingenico, ABB, Nordea, Georg Fischer, and BSH. Such an extensive portfolio of clients means that specialists in various areas are in demand: Java, .NET, C ++ and Mobile (iOS/Android) developers, architects, manual and automation testers, DevOps engineers, business analysts, Project Managers, help desk specialists with foreign language skills, Business Intelligence and Salesforce experts.
A wide range of projects creates opportunities for growth and change for specialists within the organization. Thanks to the Job Changer application, each employee can not only apply for a project change but also change their position. Students can also start their careers at Sii Lodz. Recruitment for the Summer Talent Academy, the summer edition of the internship program supported by the Youth in Lodz (Młodzi w Łodzi) campaign, is currently in progress. What is more, in September, the Tosca Academy will be launched. It is a school enabling manual testers to improve their qualifications and develop in automation.
Apart from work, the employees also share many passions and willingness to spend time together. The company supports their activities through, among others, the Passion Sponsorship and Power Volunteers programs, for which it allocates half a million zlotys per year. The branch also regularly hosts events and provides integration opportunities, such as carnival balls, family picnics, or breakfast meetings.
They celebrate and help “in the Lodz way”
In connection with the 10th anniversary of Sii Lodz and exceeding 500 employees, the company has planned a number of activities to celebrate its success. A large joint initiative will take place during the Fabricant’s Run (Bieg Fabrykanta) in Lodz, of which Sii has become a strategic partner.
– For the 11th time, the competitors will be able to compete in Fabricant’s Run. Its route goes through the area of Księży Młyn, one of the oldest and most characteristic parts of Lodz, which gives the event a unique atmosphere. Last year’s edition was a long-awaited, true celebration of running. The Fabricant’s Run was the first street run in Lodz to be held during the pandemic. This year, the program of the event will include a 10-kilometer run with, among others, classification for IT employees, children’s run, and Grohman’s Run, i.e. a competition at the distance of 1 mile – says Bartłomiej Sobecki, Organizer of the Fabricant’s Run.
The Fabricant’s Run will take place on 27 August 2022. Nearly 100 Sii runners will take part in the event. When registering, they can choose the charity route. Moreover, each employee can show their willingness to help by cheering and becoming a volunteer at the water point.
– During the registration each person will be able to decide whether to choose the standard start package or the charity route and donate the amount of 10, 20, or 50 PLN to the Gajusz Foundation. Thanks to the internal Sii Power Volunteers program, we will double the collected funds – adds Maciej Topczewski.
Registration for the event will begin on May 10 via the website of the Fabricant’s Run. People who are not fans of this sport will also be able to get involved in helping the foundation. A special collection has been launched for this occasion and will be open until the day of the run.
– The Gajusz Foundation helps children cruelly affected by fate and people. Among other things, we run three hospices. For many years it seemed to us that these small patients are the most disadvantaged beings in the world. Unfortunately, we found that it could be worse. In 2018, we created the CUKINIA Center for Therapy and Support for Children and Their Families. It was created primarily for children raised in foster care: in children’s homes or foster families. Each of them has experienced enormous trauma -– abandonment by biological parents. Some have suffered much greater harm: abuse, molestation, violence – says Anna Rajska, President of the Gajusz Foundation. – In 2021, apart from the grant from the City of Lodz and the contract with the National Health Fund, we have spent almost 800 000 PLN on providing help. It is possible thanks to the donors. That is why we are grateful to Sii for noticing the special needs of our charges. The charity run strengthens the heart in a double way: physically and emotionally. Thank you! – adds Anna Rajska.
The Fabricant’s Run along with the charity action will be the culmination of the campaign celebrating Sii’s 10th anniversary on the Lodz market. In the city space and social media, there is already a campaign with Sii employees as heroes. Some elements characteristic of Lodz are also included in it.