- A basic understanding of blockchain technology, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and their potential.
Participants will get to know:
- origins, philosophy and assumptions behind blockchain technology,
- differences between blockchain, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies,
- basic cryptographic concepts,
- use cases for blockchain in various industries.
Participants will be able to:
- understand the potential of blockchain and cryptocurrencies and changes that they will likely bring to the economy of the near future,
- evaluate usefulness of blockchain-based technologies to practical problems they encounter in business.
Tailor-made content of training addressing customer needs, classes conducted by an experienced trainer, printed course materials, certificates of completion of training.
- Introduction, outline of the workshop. Terminology. What is blockchain, Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies? Brief history of attempts at digital money and why did they fail. Similarity to early credit card systems dissemination,
- Which problems do digital currencies solve? Distributed consensus. Tampering-resistant ledger. Preventing double spending,
- Overview of basic cryptographic concepts that let us solve aforementioned problems. How combining them gives us blockchain; what is it and how does it work,
- Dynamics of interactions in blockchain systems. More on proof of work algorithms and its alternatives. Cryptocurrency mining. Soft and hard forks. Role of community,
- Rise of popularity and adaptation of Bitcoin. Practical exercise – let’s buy some bitcoins,
- Overview of other cryptocurrencies. Initial Coin Offering – a new mechanism for financing. Smart contracts and their potential,
- Applications of blockchain technologies to various industries, their disruptive potential and perspective of growth. Discussion.
Banking sector professionals, both business and IT departments.