In-depth understanding and gaining knowledge of practical use of Value Stream Mapping method towards processes within IT service organization.
- At the end of this course participants will know:
- basic concepts of Lean IT and Six Sigma,
- value Stream mapping techique (regarding IT processes),
- areas within IT for applying Value Stream Mapping
- Taking part in practical exercises participants will:
- define value streams,
- describe „AS-IS” state of the certain process,
- identify areas for improvement as well as wastes,
- identify non-value adding activities,
- come up with ideas of eliminating wastes,
- design and describe „TO BE” state.
- Lean IT and Six Sigma main concepts especially:
- Customer i Customer value,
- Voice of the customer,
- Value stream,
- Wastes within IT area.
- ITSM processes versus value stream.
- Value stream mapping and improving efficiency and effectiveness of ITSM processes.
- SIPOC (Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer).
- Selected methods af visual creation of actual process flow– diagram spagetti, swim-lane diagram etc.
- Identification of most common wastes in ITSM processes.
- Communication in ITSM processes.
- Excercises– applying Value Stream Mapping technique tro the chosen ITSM process.
People responsible for effectiveness and efficiency of IT processes; everybody involved in continual service improvement activities; process managers, process owners, service owners; people responsible for quality management.