The challenges waiting for you:
In Sii we are cooperating with German consulting company in one of this transformation for a large company from insurance market. Our two teams develop 2 existing modules of their system. First one is a crucial part from the business perspective, so extensive business knowledge is a key part here. This module has also a GUI backoffice console. Another one focuses on data warehousing related topics, so it's all about the backend and database-related work. We mostly develop new features, because there is not much maintenance work right now.
Both modules use modern and well-known technology stack: Java 8, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes & Helm. For the frontend tasks we use React.js with Redux & lots of other goodies. CI & CD are well automated with Jenkinsand ready to use - all our changes are deployed to the test cluster within few minutes without any effort. Our code quality is constantly analyzed statically with SonarQube. We develop our code with IntelliJ Idea Utlimate to increase our efficiency. As a version control and code review tool, we are using the latest version of Bitbucket. Both projects are about 1 year old, so there is also a space for introducing some improvements. We are focused on the code quality, so we write a lot of unit & integration tests (mostly with JUnit5 and Serenity). Every developer has modern, powerful (Intel Core i7, 16Gb RAM, SSD) laptop with Linux & additional display.
Each of our teams consist of 2 experienced backend developers, automated tester and business analyst. Our Scrum Master and Architect are watching over both teams together. We also have a dedicated frontend developer for all GUI-related tasks and a BI/DB expert. The team works in a quite independent way using Scrum. We are all communicating in English with our clients (during meetings, calls and within Jira & Confluence), so German knowledge isn't required, but is highly welcome!
- easily communication & work as a team member
- English knowledge at the communicative level
- open minded, problem-solving attitude
- practical knowledge of Java 8, Spring Boot & Hibernate
- experience with Docker (Kubernetes & Helm knowledge will be appreciated) - both for local development & deployment
- practical understanding of microservices architecture and its popular design pattern
- experience with writing unit tests with JUnit (pro: JUnit 5)
- experience with Kafka (pro) or other messaging systems and distributed solutions
- code quality focus
- Prestigious and stable employer awarded with Great Place to Work title four times and achieving 30% revenue growth annually
- Unique projects carried out for more than 200 international leaders from industries such as automotive, aviation, hi-tech, finance
- Cooperation with experts – 12 Competency Centers running projects based on world-class solutions: IBM, Microsoft, SAS, Xamarin, Oracle, or Red Hat
- Internal app Job Changer, allowing you to change your project easily, explore new technologies, or relocate to another Sii branch
- Constant development facilitated by technical trainings, language courses (including Polish lessons for foreigners), and technology conferences (you can join them as a listener or an expert)
- A programme supporting the best employees – Top Gun
- Financial support of your passions and charity initiatives (SiiPower Volunteers)
- Countless integration meetings (Beer Fridays, picnic, integration weekend, Santa Claus party)