A global leader in steering, driveline, and ADAS technologies for vehicles ranging from small cars to heavy-duty trucks. With over a century of experience in producing steering systems, the company creates hydraulic and electric power steering systems, steering columns, and chassis products for more than 50 of the world's largest car manufacturers.
The client needed support in building an interdisciplinary team of experienced engineers tasked with identifying cost-saving opportunities in the construction of the company’s flagship products. By taking a fresh perspective on these products and conducting a thorough structural analysis, the team aimed to pinpoint strategic avenues for cost reduction.
What we did
- Established an interdisciplinary MCIP team comprising engineers specializing in electronics and mechanics.
- Conducted an analysis of the entire product structure, including its individual components.
- Presented cost-reduction solutions applicable throughout the product’s life cycle.
- Achieved cost reductions in components through strategies such as element or supplier replacement, standardization of parts, analysis of tooling costs, and recommendations for necessary alterations.
- Engaged in technical discussions and negotiations with suppliers.
Benefits for the client
- Maximizing cost reduction in construction.
- Optimizing existing solutions and implementing corrective actions.
- Exploring and integrating new, cost-effective solutions into new construction projects.