The company has been present on the market since 1979 and it is one of the top European manufacturers of window shades and manufacturing components.
The client’s reporting system was based entirely on the transaction database of the ERP system REKORD, and the extracted data was processed manually, often using MS Excel. Due to the development of the company the current method of creating reports became ineffective, so the client needed a change of approach and tools.
What we did
- Created a data warehouse based on the Azure SQL database
- Used Azure Data Factory pipelines to ingest the data
- Introduced the Power BI cloud solution acting as an analytical model, and a tool that creates reports for end-users
- Managed the tasks in the project using Azure DevOps
Benefits for the client
- Facilitation of the work of the Controlling, Sales, and Supply Chain Department
- Speeding the report creation, thanks to the reduction of data manual processing
- Data warehouse organizes and defines the KPIs and acts as the main source of truthful data