Public institutions (city hall, schools, universities, libraries, etc.) located in the capital of one of the Nordic countries. The city is inhabited by a well-educated, highly qualified population, has an excellent infrastructure and offers a high quality of life.
The client needed a tool to handle the daily needs of residents regarding public institutions. Handling and processing hundreds of inquiries, managing accesses and communicating efficiently with stakeholders were beginning to generate problems. The main goal was to implement service desk software to manage requests on a ticket basis.
What we did
- Configured and adapted the Jira Service Management to handle notifications concerning residents’ requests and the needs of office employees.
- Created a Configuration Management Database to streamline daily base processes.
- Implemented automatic data updates in Jira Service Management using this database.
- Proposed and implemented a network scanning tool, Insight Discovery, to detect network resources and automatically import them into the CMDB database, helping to keep the database up to date.
- Implemented Atlassian Access for advanced support of more than 16500 users from multiple domains and different identity providers. The solution, proposed by Sii’s experts, allowed us to ensure an adequate level of security.
- The city received an ergonomic and efficient tool for daily processes, thanks to a customized web portal and multiple dedicated email channels.
- Communication between the resident and public institutions was streamlined and digitized, reducing the response time to a submitted application and eliminating the need for additional contact.
- Simple login to the Jira tool and web portal, which increased the efficiency of officials handling applications.
Better overview of process flow and evaluation of work efficiency, thanks to charts from the CMDB database.