A well-known world largest bearing manufacturer, company founded in 1907. It has the largest industrial distributor network in the industry. Their distributors are located within 130 countries. The company manufactures and supplies bearings, seals, lubrication systems, maintenance products, mechatronics products and power transmission products.
The client began activities related to the implementation of the Smart Factory concept. The main goal was to optimally implement existing solutions, as well as a number of new technologies. In order to properly define the scope and functionality of the implementations, broad competence in many areas was needed. Sii provided an experienced engineer who worked as a Smart Factory Consultant. The technological diversity and the use of different PLCs – from the oldest to the newest, as well as different communication protocols, was a challenge for our consultant.
What we did
- Performed an analysis of the current state of the system and machines at the client’s industrial site.
- Verified the existing technical documentation of each machine with the actual state.
- Evaluated the capabilities of the current hardware solutions related to the functionality of the SCADA system
- Checked state of the PLC program on each machine and made current backups.
- Reviewed the possibilities and space for modernization and improvement of existing production processes.
- Researched and clarified the customer’s SCADA system planning needs.
As a result, the client received full documentation included:
- A list of analyzed machines with information on required upgrades to implement the SCADA system.
- A list of required parameters for each machine to meet the requirements according to the Smart Factory concept.
- Description of various solutions to meet the customer’s requirements in terms of time effort, cost, number of changes, interference with the existing system.
- Proposed concept of communication network architecture to meet the requirements for SCADA system implementation on the production line with a list of component purchases.
As the work delivered was successfully completed, the experience and the solutions developed allowed us to continue working and support the company with implementing the Smart Factory solutions in their factory.Learn more