An international company offering tools for towns and cities to make mobility in urban areas simple, multimodal, and environmentally friendly. The company operates in over 5 000 cities and 70 countries, using a cloud-based solution to help ease traffic congestion and efficiently manage parking and transit systems.
The client needed a solution for a complex application (with a lot of systems integrations, including hardware integrations). The goal of the application was to reduce the time of test regression execution, offload manual test execution, integrate with CI/CD flow, and be used in similar environments in the future.
What we did
Implemented the completed test automation framework based on Selenium, C#, SoapUI, and Jenkins, which:
- covered 200+ REST and SOAP web services test cases with automation,
- automated tests of 20+ custom protocols (TCP, hardware, etc.)
- covered around 3000 pages in Selenium with sanity tests (based on a generic solution),
- automated 300 manual test cases,
- allowed to execute automated tests on different environments and markets in regular sessions,
- gave a possibility to generate a test execution report via the Allure framework and sends notification on email and Slack.
Benefits for the client
- Reduction of the time needed for regression from 2 weeks to 1.5 days.
- CI/CD process provides a possibility to create execution jobs for any environment
- Reducing the proportion of manual tests from 100% to 20%
- Faster information about the application quality thanks to nightly builds/runs