About the client
A second largest steel producer in the world, headquartered in Luxembourg, with an annual achievable production capacity of approximately 114 million tons of crude steel, employing more than 168 000 people in over 60 countries. Since 2006, the company is involved in the research and development of mining, and steel.
The client wanted to introduce solutions in its plants that would increase worker safety and bring energy savings. The client’s main goal for the coming years is to implement a high level of production automation, intelligent control software and IoT solutions. The problem preventing the realization of this goal was the low availability of resources: insufficient competence and size of the IT team, inadequate speed of delivery, low quality of the delivered code.
What we did
- Supplied the client with a strong team of highly qualified experts from Sii Poland, responding to shortages in the IT team.
- Developed a core module that runs and manages all other automation modules.
- Shared best practices that were implemented and partially modernized the client’s code delivery process.
- Created new smart software modules in line with best practices.
- Centralized the IT department internally by redesigning the department structure.
- Provided maintenance and development of an internal framework for the client’s developers, allowing the client to replace market solutions with its own.
- Streamlining of the IT department has accelerated the execution of work and the release of necessary software.
- Delivered modules improve, among other things, production tracking, reporting, configuration or control of a single production process (cutting, drilling, etc.).
- The client gained a generic base program, which unified the company’s application development (everyone should have the same styles and similar operation).
- In addition, the customer can easily scale the application by adding or removing a specific module.