A Polish multinational clothing retailer, headquartered in Gdańsk, dealing with the design, production, and distribution of clothes. The company has five brands in its portfolio, with more than 2 000 stores located in 26 countries.
The client needed to prove that the new implementation of the online shopping queue has much better performance than the previous one. This process required verification of potential bottlenecks in the system.
What we did
- Created a module for jMeter, by using shopping customers as a source (desktop application written in java).
- Prepared several test cases reflecting typical cashier behaviors.
- Simulated a load similar to the usage of the client’s application.
- Conducted a test for 3000 users.
- Created report with information about load under which the application server is unstable.
Benefits for the client
- Recognizing how many cash registers will crash the system
- The patches improved system performance four times