Leader in innovative digital solutions for education in Denmark. Part of Egmont – a leading media group in the Nordic region, with activities in 30 countries and 6,600 employees.
The client’s system is based on web applications used daily by thousands of students. Since some of them were new and some legacy, there was a need to confirm the security of all of them. The company was looking for a certified vendor to detect potential incidents and propose containment actions.
What we did
- Performed full security verifications consisting of vulnerability assessment and grey-box penetration tests, including manual exploitation of identified vulnerabilities
- Performed tests based on the OWASP Web Security Testing Guide
- Created reports for each application penetration test, presenting identified issues and proposing solutions
Benefits for the client
- New and legacy web applications can be safely used by students
- Overall security and resistance to different types of attacks were significantly increased
- Appropriate protection solutions were implemented within the system to prevent potential incidents
- Other safety-related recommendations shown in the report were adopted by the client