- Become familiar with the concepts, methods and practices of collaboration between product owners / business analysts and testers in acceptance testing.
- Work on the assessment and validation of a business solution by defining requirements acceptance criteria, regardless of the type of software lifecycle – agile or traditional.
- Getting to know the modeling of business processes and business rules in BPMN notation.
- Participation in classes also constitutes examination preparation and allows for obtaining ISTQB® Acceptance Testing certificate
- Introduction and basics
- Acceptance Criteria, Acceptance Testing, and Experience Based Techniques
- Modeling business processes and rules
- Modeling business processes for acceptance testing purposes
- Business process modeling good practices for acceptance testing
- Use of business process models for ATDD
- Acceptance testing for non-functional requirements
- Usability and User Experience
- UX requirements analysis
- Usability testing
- Acceptance criteria for performance acceptance tests
- Joint Acceptance Testing
ISTQB® Foundation certificate, experience in software testing
All people involved in software acceptance testing activities. It includes people working in roles such as product owners, business analysts, testers, test analysts, test engineers, consultants.