SHV Energy is a multinational group of specialized energy companies cooperating with Sii Poland. The company has decided to migrate their key systems to the cloud and launch a digital environment for efficient cooperation, as well as increase the level of security. Sii Poland has carried out the process of migration and adoption of Office 365 solutions, emphasizing security and enabling uninterrupted work of employees. The whole process was completed with end-user training in the most important applications: SharePoint, One Drive and Microsoft Teams.
As a partner of Microsoft, a company which creates a whole range of tools enabling the construction of a digital workplace, Sii Poland has extensive experience in the implementation and use of cloud solutions. Thanks to the excellent knowledge of the needs of individual sectors, the company is fully prepared to meet specific requirements and security criteria, such as those found in the utilities industry or public institutions. These factors have made SHV Energy trust Sii Poland experts in the digital transformation of their workplace.
Digital transformation of the global concern
SHV Energy’s mission is to provide individual energy solutions and services to homes and businesses. Their customers often live or work in areas beyond the natural gas grid and rely on SHV Energy for their most important energy sources. In Poland specifically, the unternational leader operates under the name Gaspol and supports supports the production of clean gas energy.
With a history going back to 1896 and over 30 million customers on four continents, SHV Energy is a major global player. The company decided to implement a large program of unification, centralization and transfer of key systems working in the Group subsidiaries to the cloud. Building a modern work environment based on cloud solutions was one of the elements of this program.
The main Business drivers supporting the decision of SHV Energy were to:
- Support collaboration: Leverage Microsoft Teams and SharePoint for planned and ad-hoc conferencing and data sharing,
- Drive security and compliance: Apply central governance to data-storage,
- Leverage the Cloud to maintain software concurrency: To make sure that all of SHV Energy’s people have access to the same and latest productivity software,
- Leverage economies of scale: One Enterprise-wide agreement with Microsoft instead of each of SHV Energy’s Businesses procuring subscriptions individually.
– We met SHV Energy for the first time in November 2018. SHV Energy representatives were looking for a partner in their digital transformation – says Piotr Żukowski, Head of Public & Utilities Industry at Sii Poland. – The purchasing process itself, which SHV Energy representatives presented to us, was quite complex. After the first meeting and presentation of our company’s scope, we gathered more information about and learned what effects and results SHV Energy wanted to achieve by implementing this program. First we focused ongeneral goals, and the way to reach them was just part of the meetings and workshops we carried out in the following weeks. Of course, at the very end, we prepared the offer that covered everything we developed during our meetings. Why did SHV Energy choose Sii? We proved ourselves to be a reliable and competent partner, and the range of services we provide covered what SHV Energy planned to implement – he adds.
Digital Workspace as a part of the Digital Revolution
The cooperation began with a series of discovery workshop meetings. Sii sent a group of experts from Poland to work with the client on site, in the effort to develop a plan for the future. The project focused on cloud migration and intranet launch. As a one of most significant project deliverables, Sii prepared a new corporate intranet for SHV Energy HQ based on SharePoint modern experience. In the past, SHV Energy implemented SharePoint On-Premise to build their heavily used intranet space so the company already had the experience and knowledge about the quality of Microsoft solutions, and it was time to change the old, on-premise solution and move on to the new, still safe and secure, cloud-based solution, giving more possibilities for the company’s further development in almost every field of everyday work.
– This is a challenging project, which combines both technical and training/consultancy activities. We helped SHV Energy with the migration and adoption of the Office 365 solutions. Within the migration process, Sii delegated a core team of specialists to transfer about 100 site collections. We had done our best to ensure SHV Energy that the migration was a quick, safe process and it shouldn’t influence negatively their normal activities of day-to-day work – says Szymon Bochniak, Delivery Manager at Sii Poland.
Despite some obstacles that appeared along the way, the whole SharePoint was migrated within a month.
– Using Sii experience and following the SHV Energy managers expertise, we put during implementation lot of efforts on user adoption activities, as a part of change enablement process – says Daniel Wiechczyński, Delivery Manager at Sii Poland.
– It was expressed in particular by work we did with the users on site.We were dedicated to guiding SHV Energy throughout the whole process. With that in mind, we organized a series of training sessions, starting with the most important applications: SharePoint, One Drive and Teams; a communication and collaboration tool which the client decided to replace the Skype For Business – adds Bartosz Wojciechowski, Architect at Sii Poland..
After the first series of meetings, Sii team moved on to further training and focused on the individual needs of the future Office 365 users. The consultants were available onsite for weeks to answer any questions, assist with the transition and quickly help with any issues that might have appeared once the tools were launched company-wide.
– We made sure that SHV Energy received the most comprehensive service possible. Thanks to our presence on site, the consultations, meetings and the general transfer of knowledge were smooth and effective – Bartosz Wojciechowski adds.
Current effects of the transformation
Since starting the project with Sii SHV Energy has seen positive results following the introduction of the collaboration features of Microsoft Office 356. The in-scope business units value Microsoft Teams and the ability this platform brings in increasing both internal as well as external collaboration. The approach taken with Sii in which both SHV Energy as well as Sii project leadership drive the program with a significant focus on Business change has significantly driven the success thus-far.
The right path everybody should follow
We live in a time of revolutionary changes in working methods, tools, but also work habits. The fourth industrial revolution is already affecting practically all branches of the economy today, although the manner and speed of implementing modern digital solutions differ from one sector to another.
– Utility enterprises are also changing. They are beginning to use new methods of information processing, cloud services, with greater conviction, provide their employees with modern workplaces, digital workspace. You can say there is no coming back. Today, it is no longer possible to achieve greater efficiency or attract qualified staff without providing people with modern tools. SHV Energy is a good example for all utility companies to follow – says Piotr Żukowski .
To find out more about Sii Poland’s solutions for utilities – contact us.