A basic understanding of blockchain technology, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and their potential.
Participants will get to know:
- origins, philosophy and assumptions behind blockchain technology,
- differences between blockchain, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies,
- basic cryptographic concepts,
- use cases for blockchain in various industries.
Participants will be able to:
- understand the potential of blockchain and cryptocurrencies and changes that they will likely bring to the economy of the near future,
- evaluate usefulness of blockchain-based technologies to practical problems they encounter in business.
- Introduction, outline of the workshop. What is blockchain technology, Bitcoin, Ethereum? History of cryptocurrency networks. Overview of popular implementations.
- Principle of operation of a programmable blockchain network on the example of Ethereum. Basic cryptographic concepts and available tools.
- Practical exercise – user accounts and interaction with the Ethereum network in a browser.
- Reaching consensus in the network, i.e. consensus algorithms (PoW, PoS).
- What are smart contracts? Principle of operation and application. How to design, test and implement smart contracts from the browser?
- Practical exercise – the first smart contract.
- What problems does blockchain technology solve? Tamper-proof accounting. Undisputed register.
- What are decentralised applications and how do they work?
- The blockchain in the corporation. How to run a corporate network? Algorithm PoA.
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO) campaigns – an innovative funding mechanism. Types of tokens.
- Practical exercise – we create our own cryptocurrency.
- Applications of blockchain technology in various industries, their groundbreaking potential and development perspective. Discussion
Banking sector professionals, both business and IT departments.