A German semiconductor manufacturer founded in 1999, currently with about 47,400 employees and is one of the ten largest semiconductors manufacturers worldwide.
The Customer has taken the initiative to develop a new GUI application supporting multiple device types, including but not limited to radar and non-radar sensors (e.g., ultrasound microphones or CO2 sensors), with a high quality of user experience.
What we did
- Development of the solution based on C++ and QT framework for the Windows platform
- Added support for ultrasonic devices and CO2 sensors, besides multiple types of radar devices
- Improved GUI user experience and performance of the application in comparison to the previous solution
- Established its own testing framework and CI/CD environment
- Achieved around 90% of code coverage by unit and functional tests run on an automated test bench
- Preparation of User Manual document, test reports, traceability matrix, and a static code analysis report
The project resulted in the design of a new architecture and the development of a robust, reliable, and user-friendly GUI application capable of connecting to and control of a variety of client’s devices with the ability to keep a high-performing application. What is more, the current solution enables us to extend quickly the application with a new device of any type, based on a Software Development Kit delivered by the client, that is used to connect to and capture data from a given sensor.Learn more