About the client
A German international retail chain operating over 11,000 stores across Europe and the United States. The company is the fifth-largest retailer in the world with sales amounting to 104.3 billion euros.
The client wanted to improve the test automation process in order to develop new functionalities faster and improve their quality. The main goal was to reduce a possible technological debt in software regression testing.
What we did
- Performed a detailed test automation analysis and verified the automation status “as is”
- Helped with the establishment of a test automation strategy
- Proposed a solution to reduce the technical debt and advised the full test automation scope
- Prepared a detailed summary outcome document with recommendations and estimations
Benefits for the client
- Defined and listed achievable test automation goals
- Recommendation of improvements, including BDD usage, Test Diamond approach implementation, backend (API) automation, and adding dynamic reports
- Providing high-level test automation architecture and recommended toolset
- Estimation of test automation, including the estimated number of backend and frontend tests, and delivery time based on team size
- Presenting a list of additional findings regarding performance testing and application monitoring